Possible Roadblocks

It is very overwhelming when you are the only professional in your school knowledgeable on what is a learning commons and how to implement it into a school. This is even more challenging when your school district and Provience does not have established learning commons as other districts in Canada. So I decided to take on a huge project and design a website for educational profressional. This website will have information on what is a learning commons and how to transition from a typical library. Now I have never made a website before, and I do actually know profressional website designers but I thought this medium would be the most effiective and streamline to navigate around for profressionals.  

(screenshot of website builder)


There are going to be many pitfalls with my vision, as I stated in previous posts my school district does not have online catalogues, there are very few Teacher Librarians and not to mention I am not very savvy in the technology realm.  So far there has been many challenges, what information is the most important for teachers with the transition, where can I get access for examples, how to plan the layout of the website, formatting.


I feel this is ambitious for me to be doing on top of teaching full time in the classroom, but also exciting to see the changes and my colleagues looking at me for advice and guidance. I have started a network of fellow TL’s around Canada who are just as passionate as I am. I have used this networking to ask what they believe is the most important information educational professionals will need to know. Having this support provides me with the courage and perseverance that the work I am doing will actually be useful to other TL’s that are new to the position. This journey has sparked a big interest for my professional growth in developing international outreach programs to promote literacy, that I can still be a teacher in a none traditional sense. More avenues are opening up for my goals and direction I want to experience.
(Retrieved from google)


Comments

  1. Yes it sounds ambitious; is the name of your tool to create web sites; Website Builder?Is there a cost to it? I also have not ever built a website and can see the value of what you are proposing and I would want to do a TL site in the future.Your network of Canadian TL's is exciting for sure and using the site to help international outreach programs can have far-reaching benefits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you are correct it is called website builder, there is no cost to it and it is pretty user friendly to be honest.

      Delete
  2. I really hope you are able to create something that you would find useful and that means others will find it useful too. I am very interested in what pieces of advice and knowledge you are going to be offering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is still ongoing pieces of knowledge that will be posted on the website.

      Delete
  3. I too am not very tech savvy so I can relate in that regards. I think your final project will prove to be very useful and appreciated by your community of learners once it is up and running. I look forward to seeing your final project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good overview of the big challenges you've been facing and the large amount of work and effort you've put into overcoming these challenges. I would have liked to read a bit more about the website publishing platform you have chosen and how the building is coming along, but your discussion about building a support network of other T-L professionals is fantastic. A good overview of your progress thus far.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Teachers As Life Long Learners

Evolving Teacher Practice

Evaluation of Reference Resource